Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A 10K to Remember! :)

Last Sunday, I woke up in the morning and got ready to run the Capital of Texas 10K, after a long Saturday filled with drama fun and a late night celebrating the success of the drama. :) I was not prepared for the run at all, and the additional tiredness did not help.

However, this 10K race ended up being one I will remember for the rest of my life! Not because of the timing (it was in fact my worst timing for a 10K) - but for something very special that happened at Mile 5.2.

I'll let the following pictures explain what happened! :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/charanya0907/A_10K_to_Remember?authkey=Gv1sRgCIHF0JbN2uP2gAE#

The Captex 10K organizers defn have 2 confirmed registrants for their race every year for the next many many years! :)

Still Smiling....
ME.

8 comments:

Maddy said...

Awwwww that is the cutest proposal I've seen in pictures! :) I must add you and V look great together.. its so nice that you two share the same passion for running... the proposal scene therefore was very apt :)

Congratulations!!

Charanya said...

Thanks Maddy! :)

dante said...

Congrats on your engagement ....

Charanya said...

Thank you! :)

Sharanya said...

Oh, I like how the pics unfold the story! Cute!

Mommy G said...

Soooooooo cute!!! I was there in spirit 100%!! I am SO happy for the two of you and SO glad everything worked out so well!!

Padma said...

AWwwwww...tht's a lovely proposal. COngratulations charanya.

Charanya said...

Thanks all! :)