To find out more about Team Asha - Austin, check out:
Through all this, I had completely slacked off on deciding what my personal goals would be this season...but over the last couple of days, after doing some research and sorting out schedules, I have finally signed up for my next two major race targets.
I will be doing the San Antonio Rock and Roll Half-Marathon on November 16th this year. I will be doing this race purely for the heck of it! :) It's supposed to be a nice flat course and they are making it a Rock and Roll marathon for the first time this year! I also have a bunch of my gal pals who plan to do this - so it should be good fun! And it will be about half-way into my training for the full-marathon which I plan to do in Feb 09....
...The Mardi Gras Marathon in New Orleans, Louisiana! :) I was debating whether to do the Austin marathon again and finally decided not to because:
1. I have already done it before
2. I'd rather pace or cheer on the other Team Asha runners on that day
3. It's not the most fun course....it's pretty nice for the first half with a good spectator crowd...and then things just dwindle down after that!
Why the Mardi Gras Marathon?
1. It will be 2 weeks before the Austin marathon - so will align with my training
2. It will be a new course - makes things more interesting, also supposed to be relatively flat
3. It's NEW ORLEANS!! IT's MARDI GRAS!! So why not?? :)
So that's that! The target has been set...the training will begin soon! And it should be good fun!